By David Collins,Evan Wolfson,Julian Castro
Read Online or Download Accidental Activists: Mark Phariss, Vic Holmes, and Their Fight for Marriage Equality in Texas (Mayborn Literary Nonfiction Series) PDF
Best gay & lesbian nonfiction books
During the last 20 years, self sustaining director Gregg Araki has emerged as probably the most fascinating auteurs of up to date U. S. cinema. a number one determine of the recent Queer Cinema circulate of the early Nineteen Nineties, Araki is understood for his cutting edge, eye-opening, and at-times-controversial movies aimed basically at queer audiences.
A bright ethnography of the worldwide and transnational dimensions of homosexual id as lived through Filipino immigrants in long island urban, worldwide Divas demanding situations ideals concerning the innovative improvement of a homosexual global and the eventual assimilation of all queer fogeys into homosexual modernity. Insisting that homosexual identification isn't really teleological yet fraught with fissures, Martin Manalansan IV describes how Filipino homosexual immigrants, like many queers of colour, are developing substitute paths to queer modernity and citizenship.
For a balanced dialogue of the most social, scientific, and philosophical facets of homosexuality, this is the precise booklet. Written by means of philosophers of technology, every one finished bankruptcy takes a severe examine study at the etiology of homosexuality. learn Philosophy and Homosexuality and consider the facts for either the sociobiological and hormonal reasons of homosexuality and examine the definitions of sexual orientation and the way they've got affected study.
Thirty years after her father’s dying, Karen McClintock units out to discover the homosexual father she by no means fairly knew. As we keep on with the unraveling relations mystery, we discover ourselves drawn into her tale as they stumble into infidelity, grieve heartbreaking losses, and stay unswerving in love. Set in Columbus, Ohio, My Father’s Closet tells the tale of the way earlier than the warfare, McClintock’s mom and dad fell in love and married, whereas abroad in Germany the guy whom she believes turned her father’s lover used to be concealing his Jewish and homosexual identities for you to break out to the USA.
- Oye Loca: From the Mariel Boatlift to Gay Cuban Miami
- Queer Media Images: LGBT Perspectives
- Violence against Queer People: Race, Class, Gender, and the Persistence of Anti-LGBT Discrimination
- Las masculinidades en la Transición (G (egales)) (Spanish Edition)
- Sexuality and Gender in Postcommunist Eastern Europe and Russia (Human Sexuality (Hardcover))
- Blood Moon's Guide to Gay and Lesbian Film: The World's Most Comprehensive Guide to Recent Gay and Lesbian Movies: Volume Two
Extra info for Accidental Activists: Mark Phariss, Vic Holmes, and Their Fight for Marriage Equality in Texas (Mayborn Literary Nonfiction Series)
- Download e-book for iPad: Confusion of Tongues: A Theory of Normative Language (Oxford by Stephen Finlay
- Liberation and Development: Black Consciousness Community - download pdf or read online